In this in-depth guide, we will cover everything you need to know about UCaaS. You'll learn about the most important features, how UCaaS works, and why it's superior to traditional phone services. Let's dive in!
What is UCaaS, and how does it work?
Unified Communications as a Service is a full-featured communications platform that combines internet-based phone and texting. Companies use UCaaS to deliver collaboration capabilities to their employees so they may work from anywhere. Users can use UCaaS solutions on their computers, desk phones, and smartphones.
Unified Communications (UC) combines multiple modes of communication, including voice, chat, and video conferencing. This combined system helps boost productivity and allows people to engage across many communication channels, all in one place.
“As a Service” (aaS) refers to the cloud service and software delivery methodology. UCaaS is different from Software as a Service (SaaS) in that it focuses solely on communication tools and APIs.
Companies use UCaaS for a variety of reasons, the most popular of which is to allow staff to work from anywhere. But there's a lot more to it than just that. The uncertainty caused by multiple, disparate communication apps is solved with UCaaS. VoIP, video conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration tools are all included in UCaaS.
UCaaS has proven to be the most dependable enterprise communication option available. Companies no longer need to run analog phone lines to every employee in order to communicate or collaborate on projects.
Top UCaaS functionalities
UCaaS offers many advanced functionalities when compared to on-site PBX solutions, such as:
- Voice services that include call recording, call forwarding, and advanced call routing.
- Video conferencing that enables one-on-one and multi-participant meetings with a personal touch. Guests can participate through web conferencing.
- Internal team instant messaging that enables one-on-one and group-based real-time communication.
- Collaboration tools that help with scheduling, project management, and messaging in the workplace.
- Cloud-based hosting in a dedicated private cloud or secure data center over the internet.
How UCaaS platforms simplify workplace communication
Workplace communication is an important element of any successful business. With UCaaS platforms:
- Employees can communicate via email, instant message, call conferencing, web meetings, and many other mediums all in one place
- Team members can access their email from any device at any time. They don't have to worry about missing important messages or being interrupted by calls when they're working on other tasks.
- Staff members are able to communicate in real-time using instant message apps like Slack, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. This allows them to collaborate more efficiently without having to wait until the next scheduled meeting.
Learn more about Unified Communications as a Service
If you’re interested in learning more about Unified Communications as a Service and if this tool is right for your business, reach out to us today at High Country Workplace Technologies.
We’ll help you find the right provider for your business and build a custom solution if needed.
Contact us today to learn more about your options for UCaaS.